Thursday, July 30, 2009

Rain? In July? Seriously?!?

So I woke up at noon, had my coffee, read some of my Jen Lancaster novel, and pet my cats until their combined shedding caused me to have a sneezing fit!

I realized that I had not been out of the house much in the past 2 days except to go to the grocer or the Hollywood video, even though I have been avoiding the stereotype of crazy cat lady lately, and that I was going to have to be on the sailboat this weekend and my tan needed a boost.

So, I put on my newest bathing suit and cover up, put my hair in an on-the-side braid (which I can still rock at my age--I don't care what ANYONE thinks!), packed my pool bag (which includes over sized beach towel, bottled water, book, and sunglasses), put on my cute heeled sandals and headed out the door.

Seriously, I was looking for funnel clouds with how bad the wind was blowing. The construction site next door has now lost all of its topsoil (or should I say all of its caliche dust) because it is now floating around my neighborhood for at least a mile. I turn on the radio and find out that it is raining like crazy in Kerrville and that it is heading straight for us. So much for tanning...guess I'll have to go to plan-B (which you can get over the counter at any pharmacy now if you are over 18!! Yeah!!) and head over to the Bijou to see Cheri, the story of an aging courtesan in France...Please, no comparisons.

Wishing the best!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I feel your pain, it hasn't rained in months until I want to go to the pool! Seriously, what the hey!