Saturday, January 17, 2009

Keepin Busy

This week I met with my real estate agent. She is an ex-teacher, ex-nun, who is forceful and spirited. I asked her to show me townhomes and spent the entire afternoon looking at condos. I had to set her straight. I don't want a condo, I want a townhome. Unfortunately, San Antonio doesn't have any townhomes in my price range in the neighborhoods that I want so, I am looking at SMALL starter homes. I have an appointment with my agent today to look at some of them. I was incredibly depressed after that first day of house hunting and hope that I have a better day today.



I also met with my mortgage broker this week. He tried to convince me to buy a more expensive house. This is EXACTLY why I have put off home buying for so long. I hate anyone in selling. I was incredibly successful as a salesperson in college without getting people to buy shit that they didn't need (after all everyone needs shoes, right?) My mortgage broker is super tall, 6ft plus. I am sad to report that he is married with kids, but it is OK because he was kind of gangly--think Uncle Mark (sorry Laura). So anyway, I am cleared for house buying.



Thursday night I met up with one of my mom and stepdad's old friends. She is in the Junior League here in San Antonio and she knows how much I like helping the community so she invited me to attend an informational meeting. I am super stoked because, although it may be bougie, I think it is a great organization that helps this community a lot. Plus, all of my guy friends will be excited to know that there were a lot of hot chicks there that I will be befriending and so hopefully their prospects will increase. But it will come with a price, you all need to get out there and find some guys to introduce me to. So this is me signing up for the Junior League. I am sure that this will be a future source of entertainment for us all. By the way, the room that the meeting was in had fabric wall paper. The curtains matched the wall paper to the T. Where the tree pattern on the wall ended, the other half of the tree pattern was shown on the curtain so that the window curtains gave the illusion of being a part of the wall. Plus there was a large cruela de'vil-like picture of one of the founding junior leaguers. It was intense! Wishing you the best year ever....Mel.

No comments: