Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sshhh! I'm Hunting for Wabits! Part III

Well this one just about killed me. I really liked it.
I liked what the previous owner did with the entry way mirror. I loved the floors in the kitchen and dining room.














The privacy fence was in great condition, even if the tree was not, and I could almost see the entertaining I could do on this great patio.


The kitchen was decent. New appliances and cabinet space.







They had done quite a bit with the bathroom. The counter tops and floors were neat.









We were standing in the kitchen talking to my mortgage guy on the phone asking him to put the price and taxes into his calculator to see what the monthly payment would be--only $900--when my realtor moved a rug that sat on the kitchen floor in front of the sliding glass door to the backyard. There was water damage all alond the sliding glass door. I would have to pull up the entire kitchen and dining room to fix this mess. My realtor is going to call and see if they can reduce the price so that I can get that fixed, but I am not holding my breath. Besides, where else might there be damage. I would rather not mess with it.
We left there and went to 4 other houses. They were in such poor neighborhoods and looked so disgusting that I wouldn't even get out of the car to look at them. So we headed back to the office. She handed me a big stack of houses she had printed off for me to look at. I thumbed through a few of them and asked if any of them were under $100k. She said "no, my bad, I talked with your mortgage guy and he said that you were approved for more than $100k and that you might want to look at some in that price range, but I will get you some to look at under $100k". I was furious! I am glad that my mortgage guy and realtor gal get along, but I certainly don't want them working behind my back to try to screw more money out of this deal. She better watch it or she is going to try my patience and get fired. Last night I did look through the stack she gave me and picked out a few that were under $100k that I am interested in looking at so it wasn't a total waste of trees, but this process is wearing me out after only a week. Wishing you the best year ever....Mel.

No comments: